Devlog 29: State of the Build Address - God Tutorial
Hey everyone! Welcome back! Today's devlog is the first in a new series title "State of the Build Address," which will detail features that have been implemented recently into the current build of the game.
First up we will be focusing on the god's tutorial level. This new area takes place in the god's icy house. In this level, players will get to test out their abilities before they venture out to hunt down their prey. Here is a quick rundown of what we did for this level and what still needs to be fixed.
Currently Implemented and Functioning:
- Level was designed and setdressed
- The tutorial level had to be layed out in a way that would teach the player the things they could do and setdressed to give you more information about the god and his personality through the environment because the level takes place in his house.
- Level assets were scaled to proper size
- While not a major issue as far as causing bugs, it was still time consuming to fix.
- UI was implemented
- Lighting fixed
- There were too many lights in the room, which negatively affected the framerate, so the lighting setup was optimized for better performance.
- Texture fixes
- The ice texture was causing issues so we created and implemented a new texture.
Still Needs Implementation or Bug Fixes:
- Icebow, teleport, and icewall currently non-functional
- Framerate issues
- Some objects aren't low poly enough and are causing framerate issues, so they have been removed either until they can be fixed or replaced.
Have any thoughts? We would love to hear from you guys! Click that comment box below and leave us a note, or tweet us @WilloftheSeaVR!